Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Pre-Game: Capitals vs Thrashers


Tonight we will get a glimpse of the future Washington Capitals with the likes of Karl Alzner (2007 5th overall), Chris Bourque (2004 2nd round), and Sami Lepisto (2004, 2nd round). Graham Mink will also dress for the injured Washington Capitals.

They will face an Atlanta team that is 8-10-2 and has lost three of the last four games. The Thrashes are led by Slava Kozlov (11-8-19), Bryan Little (9-9-18), Ilya Kovalchuck (7-11-18), and Todd White (6-11-17).

Atlanta has struggled with goaltending since Kari Lehtonen went down with a back injury on the 1st of the month. Prospect Ondrej Pavelec (2-2/2.32/.913) sat on the bench watching Johan Hedberg (4-3/3.88/.884) tend the net in Atlanta's 6-3 victory over Toronto.

As for the Capitals, the new lines will look like this. I for one am excited to see what Alzner and Lepisto can do as replacements for Jeff Shultz and John Erskine. I was able to see both new-comers play in Hershey this season and they were fantastic, especially on the power play. I am not the biggest fan of Erskine...or Shultz for that matter, so any help on 'D' is good.

I will be in attendence for tonight's game, my second one of the season. I'm going to be catching up with all the guys from high school that I haven't seen in a few months so I'll end the post here. We bought the student rush tickets, a great deal includes a burrito (Moe's is better) and a 100 level seat for $35.

No comments: