- Karl Alzner left in the second period with a wrist injury. Alz should be fine, but this left the Capitals with only five 'D' men.
- Rookie goalie Steve Mason picked up his second career shutout, and is now 5-2-1 (2.09/.919) on the season.
- Nicklas Backstrom had four shots (tied for season most) and had a TOI of 21:42, the most he has had this season for games that did not go into overtime. Alex Ovechkin saw his 10 game point streak come to an end, but is still fourth in the league in scoring. Ovechkin skated 9:19 in the first period and finished the with a game-high 25:18 TOI (avg 23:13).
- Brent Johnson played well in the loss, but has lost three straight, with his last win coming November 12th against Carolina.
- Columbus native and Ohio State graduate, David Steckel started the game and skated 12:37. Stecks has played two games against the CBJ but has yet to record a shot or a point.
Sunday, November 30, 2008
The injured Capitals team could not keep up with Columbus' young fire power and the Blue Jackets shut Washington out for just the second time this season by the score of 3-0.