- Semin has 10 goals on the year.
- He also has 7 multi-point games.
- Shaone Morrisonn pulled his groin early and did not return for the second period.
- Washington won the face-off battle, 35-20.
- Brent Johnson played well again, stopping 32 of 34 shots.
- Johnny has faced 115 shots in his past three starts, turning away 108 for a save percentage of 94%.
- Fedorov, Ovechkin, and Semin combined for three goals and three assists.
- Sergei was injured late in the game, only skating 13:37.
- Alex Ovechkin is now scoreless in his last eight games, the longest drought of his career.
- OV recorded three assists in a game for the sixth time in his career. His last three-assist game came against...Carolina last February.
- Brooks Laich took a shot to the ankle late in the second period, but returned later in the game.
- Backstrom, Fedorov, and Semin combined for 14 shots (and three goals).
- Carolina's Joe Corvo, Eric Staal, and Ray Whitney combined for 15 shots... but just one point (Corvo assist) came out of it.
- Chris Clark skated less than nine minutes...again. He was on the ice for less than eight minutes against Ottawa as well.
- Did Ovechkin get a haircut?
Thursday, November 6, 2008
In the most exciting game of the season, the Washington Capitals beat the Carolina Hurricanes 3-2 thanks to Alexander Semin's two goals in the final three minutes.