- Tonight was Canada's fifth annual Canadian Forces Night.
- Mike Fisher picked up his first two points of the season, including the game-winning-goal.
- Brent Johnson faced 44 shots, turning away 42.
- Dany Heatley scored his eight goal (beating Jeff Shultz surprise, surprise), tying him with Alex Semin (and a few others) for third in the league.
- Tomas Fleischmann scored his fourth goal of the year...but did see time on the PK, which kind of worried me.
- Alex Auld made 26 saves in his fifth straight start.
- Captain Chris Clark skated less than 8 minutes.
- The Capitals penalty kill successfully killed off all five Ottawa penalties, including a four-minute infraction on Sergei Fedorov.
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Washington lost its first game with Alex Ovechkin back in the lineup in overtime, 2-1. In case you missed the game, here's some quick hits: