Sorry for the late post, I have been busy most of the day, but let's get to it.
- Columbus (9-10-3) has lost their last three home games and are just 5-5-1 at Nationwide Arena.
- They are dead last in the power play (10.2%) and are near the bottom of the league in penalty kill (79.2%). The Blue Jackets are 0-5 when trailing after one period, and 1-9-2 when trailing after two periods. Columbus is last in second-period scoring, but second in the league in goals in the third period.
- The Blue Jackets are led by Derick Brassard (8-11-19) and Rick Nash (10-9-19). The rookie Brassard was selected 6th overall in the 2006 Draft, two picks behind Nicklas Backstrom. Nash was chosen with the 1st overall pick in the 2002 draft.
- Alex Ovechkin scored his first career goal...and his second career goal against the CBJ in his first career game. OV has four goals in two games against Columbus.
- The Capitals will still be without Mike Green, Alexander Semin, Sergei Fedorov, and John Erskine. and Tom Poti.