So how can Washington slow down the 2002 1st overall pick? Well I think Brian Rafalski did the job. Nash got tangled up with Rafalski and slammed feet-first into the boards. Nash did not return after the first period.
So with Nash injured
Let's get to it:
- Speaking of Mason, the kid got three straight shutouts to end December, and has won four of his last six. I'd call that legit. He's also 3-0 with three shutouts (two of the three are different than those mentioned before) against the Eastern Conference, including shutting out the Caps.
- Nash has never played a full season in his six year career.
- If you haven't seen Ovechkin's new interview, here it is...I knew she couldn't do the whole interview without asking a 'Vodka' question.
- With a win tonight, Washington will be on track for 118 points... 11 more than their previous season-high of 107 in 1986.
- Columbus' power play ranks dead last at a putrid 10.2%. That's 18 power play goals... By comparison, Mike Green and Nicklas Backstrom combine for 16.
- Caps have gone 14-3 since losing to Columbus to end the month of November.
- 18-1-1 speaks for itself, and with the Blue Jackets ailing this time, the pre-game story is pretty much switched.