With all the scoring coming in the last 10 minutes of the second period, Washington was able to hold off the Rangers who continue to slide, and sit in second place in the Atlantic Division.
- Alexander Semin should not have played this game. He was obviously still hurt and I just hope he didn't aggrivate any injury during the game. He had one shot on net and got pushed off the puck a majority of the time. Sascha even got into a tussle with the Rangers' Marc Staal. Semin was ejected (for not tying down his jersey), but did get in a few
bitchpunches as the players tumbled to the ice.
- Eric Fehr played his best game in as long as I can remember. Three shots and countless other scoring chances, keep it up while your still in the lineup Eric.
- Fans in the 400's do NOT like Michael Nylander's risky moves in the defensive zone. You can get away with them when on offense, but cut it out when you're right in front of the net.
- Mike Green's power play marker was straight out of Princeton's basketball playbook. Backdoor all day (insert homosexual joke here).
- Alex Ovechkin was literally triple shifting. He skated over 27 minutes and after Semin's ejection, was skating with the fourth line. Bruce Boudreau even put Ovie, Semin, and Backstrom on the same line for some time.
- Chris Clark- Great energy, not so great fighter...
- Dear New York Rangers: Thank you for starting Stephen Valiquette. Ovechkin's shorthanded, GWG had to have depleted the Rangers morale seeing that how Ovie shot it from 10 feet inside the blue line.
- Jose Theodore is 7-1 (1.98/.918) at home. What this means is that no Cap fan should be yelling at him when he leaves the crease to play the puck...especially if you have an annoying voice and sit a row behind me...