- First off, thoughts and prayers go out to Jamie Heward who suffered a concussion by the hands of Alex Ovechkin in the third period. It was soo erie at VC for the fiveish minutes that the former-Cap was down. Then the stretcher came out and when Jamie finally was carted off, the fans gave him a 'Standing O'.
- Hats off to Sean Collins who scored his first career NHL goal...On a side note, Collins did get his pocket picked by Martin St. Louis who ended up getting the secondary assist on Vincent Lecavalier's second goal of the night with 15 seconds left in the second period.
- Another 'hats off' to Chris Clark who notched his first goal of the season. Although only skating 11:30, Clark played his butt off and even got into some fisticuffs with Adam Hall.
- Speaking of Hall, he's played in the playoffs in four consecutive years, with three different teams...I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that his playoff streak ends this year.
- Ryan Malone is the biggest douche in the world. Watch him skate one shift and you'll agree.
- I hate having to pronounce Evgeny Artyukhin and Paul Szczechura. Please make it stop.
- Mike Smith would be a good goalie if a) he wasn't an idiot and b) he didn't leave the crease every chance he got.
- For every five spin moves Michael Nylander does in the neutral/defensive zone, he turns the puck over...and this time it led to Tampa's second goal that cut the lead to 3-2. He redeemed himself on the nice assist on Clark's goal.
- That penalty shot was bullshit. Mike Green swept the puck away, then tripped Hall...And for those looking for tendencies, looks like the poke check is Brent Johnson's go-to move in the shootout.
- Ovie owned Steve Eminger, hands-down.
- Caps have won in the last 13 games that Boyd Gordon has scored in.
- Greenie would be on pace for a 30 goal season had he played in every game this season.
Friday, January 2, 2009
Okay sorry for the lack of posts, I've been caught up with things while I'm back in town for another week, but let's get right to it: