- Mike "FUCK YEAH" Green can thank Brooks Laich for the traffic in front on Green's goal, which should have been on the powerplay if you watch it again.
- Jeff Schultz sure had a good view of Shawn Thorton's goal. Thorton skated right by Schultz...on the backhand, while Jeff offered a weak poke check attempt.
- Marc Savard celebration= Briere fist pump + Ovechkin leap.
- Michael Nylander was off the hook for about 10 minutes before he took a dumb penalty that led to Savard's goal.
- Green and Alex Ovechkin combined for 17 shots, and Donald Brashear was the only forward not to register a shot on goal.
- Tomas Fleischmann has six points in eight games this month and had another great game last night.
- I trust Jose Theodore...do you?
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
The Caps probably could have left Beantown with a 2-point night, but in my opinion, there's nothing wrong with an OTL against the best team in the Conference.