- Alex Ovechkin might as well have clinced the MVP award this afternoon after recording his second hat trick of the season. Four shots and three hits including jacking up Ottawa's
dirtyenforcer, Jarrko Ruutu.
- Seven seconds of powerplay time and two powerplay goals really speaks for itself...but why let up after the first period (0-3 in last two periods).
- Tom Poti's 4:52 of quality penalty-killing was a lifesaver and sorely missed in January and December.
- Alexander Semin- 2 minutes for tripping. When will his mindless penalties outweigh his tremendous offensive talent?
- Sergei Fedorov had three assists for the second time this year. He's got 18 points in 24 games and the Caps are 3-0 when he tallies more than one point.
- Brent Johnson stat line at home: 9-0-1/2.08/.932. Makes you kind of think of this, eh?
- Milan Jurcina's five blocked shots almost gets lost in his stats for the game (+2, 2 PIM). Props.
- Eric Fehr deserves ice time, and this is not the first time I've said this.
- Jeff Schultz went +4...what? He's done that three times in his 144 game career, and is all of as sudden NOT my least favorite Capital...
Jersey foul? You decide:
This might as well been a Crosby jersey for what its worth.