- Alex Semin
(increased his trade value?)had a hell of a game getting a goal and two assists, all on the power play. The Caps are 6-1 when Semin has three or more points with the only loss coming against the Thrashers the first game of the year.
- Michal Neuvirth had another solid performance against another struggling team in the Southeast Division. An ideal scenario for me would to see Neuvirth/Varlamov play in 3-4 games. while Jose Theodore gets the other 16-17.
- If this was last year, Eric Fehr's goal would have been stopped. The kid's getting the confidence and lucky bounces he needs. He also got 10 goals in one season in less games (41 GP) than Brooks Laich last year and Tomas Fleischmann this year.
- We need Viktor Kozlov on this team.
- How about some secondary shooting? Laich with 7 shots, Sergei Fedorov adding in four more.
- Kari Lehtonen kinda sucked this game. He really didn't show up for this one.
- Toby Enstrom had six blocked shots...Nice. Probably the second best Swede who played tonight.
- Ilya Kovalchuck is going to score 35 goals for the next eight (or more) years. He was one shy of 30 in his rookie season (65 GP), but there is nothing
except for the horrendous team he plays forholding this guy back.
- Finally, there was no Brashear-Bogosian bout, but Brash-Boulton made up for it:
Friday, February 27, 2009
Once again the Capitals jumped out to a two goal lead, this time they held on to it just long enough to get past the Thrashers.