- From the pregame, Philly is now 5-2-1 at the Verizon Center since the start of last season.
- When Jeff Carter scores, the Flyers are 4-0-1.
- Philadelphia is now 5-1 when scoring at least four goals.
- Jeff Schutlz forced Jim Johnson (Flyers announcer) to compare Aaron Asham to Alex Ovechkin by having Asham dance around him for the insurance goal. Schultz has never been my favorite 'D' Man, and that will stay that way until he figures out how to use his body.
- There's no room in hockey for what John Erskine did. The stick to the family jewels is
what Flyers doclassless.
- Ovechkin had more than 10 minutes on the Power Play and only got an assist in seven chances with the extra man.
- Jose Theodore likes starring at rebounds three feet away from him....Containing the rebound? Not so much.
- Nicklas Backstrom continued his seven game point streak. Over that span, he has three goals and seven assists. (The Caps are 1-2 when he scores in that span).
- The Flyers are now 3-15-3 when trailing going into the third period.