It's hard to believe that Marek Malik's incredible shootout goal against Washington happened more than three years ago at the Garden. Only five Capitals remain on from that team (plus Poti and Nylander from the Rangers), and unfortunately for Washington, it only took New York four rounds to beat the Caps this time:
- Mike Green. I knew something was special when he scored that coast-to-coast goal against the Avalanche in 2006. Enough with the "He's not a true 'D' man." I could care less. He's got as many goals as Sidney Crosby does....and Sidney is spotting him 12 games. Just give him the Norris already.
- Milan Jurcina looked out of position on
one twothree of the Rangers goals. But then again, why am I surprised?
- Shaone Morrisonn is playing his way out of a spot. The Caps got an extra defenceman for a reason, and ShaMo might be that reason.
- Alex Ovechkin was contained pretty well by Marc Staal and the rest of the Blueshirts. His 13 hits were more than double the highest hit total for a NYR player.
- Jay Beagle played pretty solid in his NHL debut...Look for a post coming up real soon about him. (Just 2/7 on face-offs, but its hard to fault the kid).
- It's about time Donald Brashear does something...He seems to like fighting against the Rangers. Was Bradley's fight really necessary? Oh well, the Caps need more fighting anyways.