- Props to Mike Green on setting the NHL modern day record for consecutive games with a goal. 2/3 of his goals have come on the power play. Taking a quick look at the Caps schedule, and Green has got at least a goal against all of the Caps' opponents this month except Pittsburgh. Green has two assists in 11 games in his career against the Penguins.
- Props to Michal Neuvirth (remember the "hard" 't' at the end of his name) on his first NHL win in his first NHL game. His dad flew in from Czech Republic to see his son play. After the game, a fan asked for a picture with him and he responded by saying, "I flew in from Czech Republic yesterday." Maybe his son will take the time to teach him english.
- Props to Eric Fehr who has five goals in his last six games. Eric even had a game and career high of six shots on net in 13:00 minutes of ice time. He's starting to show much more confidence in the past few weeks.
- Props to RED NATION...or whatever Caps fans in other cities want to be called. The lower bowl was noticably red tonight, with Caps fans everywhere. Heck even Caps Road Crew was in attendance.
- I did not approve for the Morrisonn over Alzner decision, but it paid off with Mo's goal. The Caps need their 'D' men to push each other, and with Alzner knocking on the door for playing time, Mo stepped up.
- I did not notice Kronwall a lot tonight, but when I did, it was bad. His man scored on the only goal, but other than that mishap, he fared well in tonight's game.
- Matt Smaby really decked out Ovechkin on a few nice hits tonight. He finished with a game-high four hits.
- Nick Backstrom was 3/13 on face-offs. Tisk, tisk. Backstrom MUST improve on this by late spring. He added two assists, but face-offs are crucial and 23% is pathetic.
- Semin with the goal. Semin with the hook. Every (explitive) game!
- I've noticed Tom Poti is taking more chances and skating with the puck deep into the opponents zone, but hasn't been rewarded yet. And the opponent has taken advantage of him being out of position...yet.
All in favor of starting Neuvirth tomorrow against Florida? Well, maybe not, but he looked darn good making 31 saves. Varlamov made the same amount in his last start and the goalie position looks pretty solid for the years to come.