Tonight, the Washington Capitals will be healthier, kinda. Tyler Sloan will return to action, Tom Poti will be listed as questionable and Mike Green's return is right around the corner.
Frankly the Capitals will need more than just Sloaner to take out the Eastern Conference-leading Bruins.
Boston is 17-2-1 in their last 20, and have a stellar road record of 9-3-3.
Here goes the laundry list of Bruins stats:
- #1 in 5/5 goals for/against ratio (1.72).
- #1 in team plus/minus rating (+31).
- #1 in goals against (55).
- #3 in goals scored (92).
- #5 in power play efficiency (23.5%).
- 13-3-2 when scoring first.
- 5-0 in games that Phil Kessel has more than one point.
- Tim Thomas stat line: 11-3-3/1.90/.940%/2 shutouts.
Shaone Morrisonn (1st round, 18th overall) and Milan Jurcina (8th round, 241st overall) were both drafted by Boston in 2001 and played for Boston before suiting up for the Capitals. Mo has 2 assists in 12 games vs the B's and Milan is +4 in 6 games against his former team.
Brent Johnson should be in net today, and is 2-3-1/2.94/.904 against Boston. Johnny has yet to lose in regulation at home, sporting a 5-0-1 record at the Verizon Center.
Boston won the previous meeting between the two teams in the shootout earlier this season. Washington will be without eight players that played in that game.