With Tyler Sloan questionable for tonight's game, Collins will skate in warm-ups and make his NHL debut if Sloan decides not to play. Collins played in college with David Steckel and spent most of last year in the ECHL.
On to the matter at hand:
- Toronto (9-11-6) is returing from a three game west coast road trip where they beat Los Angeles, before falling to San Jose and Phoenix.
- Toronto is one of seven teams without a winning record at home (4-4-4).
- The Maple Leafs have the fifth worst home penalty killing rate. This, added with the fact that Toronto is penalized the fourth most in the league, can strongly benefit that Capitals, who have a 19% power play conversion rate on the road.
- Toronto has players from 10 different countries...Probably the most in the NHL, not 100% on that one. Countries that are represented are: Canada, United States, Russia, Czech Republic, Finland, Sweden, Germany, Ukraine, the Bahamas, and the glorious nation of Kazakhstan.
- Alex Ovechkin has a four-game point streak against the TML.
- Brent Johnson is 2-1 at Toronto and is coming off a successful outing in the Capitals 5-2 win against the New York Islanders.
- Shaone Morrisonn made his NHL debut against Toronto back in 2002 as a member of the Bruins.
- The Capitals will face their former coach, Ron Wilson. Wilson had three 40-win seasons in five years (1997-2002) as the Caps head coach. He was 192-159-51-8 (OTL).