Thursday, March 12, 2009

Caps Fans Invade Sports Illustrated

So I'm back after a nice little vacation in Montreal, which is a great city for those who have never been. The 14-hour train ride was a little long, but its definitely worth it.

As I try to catch up on almost a week of hockey, I stumbled upon this week's Sports Illustrated and the 'Letters to the Editor' segment. A few Capitals fans had some comments in response to Michael Farber's article "Stimulus Needed" regarding Sidney Crosby and the Penguins' attempt to make the playoffs:

Imagine my shock when I saw your declaration (Stimulus Needed, Feb. 23), in reference to Sidney Crosby, that "the Penguins have the best player in hockey." Had I missed the Washington Capitals' trading Alexander Ovechkin to the Penguins?

Steve Davidson, Washington, D.C.


And:

Crosby is not even the best player on his own team; Evgeni Malkin is.

Sam Rosen, Arlington, VA.


Great stuff guys. I didn't read Farber's article on Crosby and don't plan on reading any article that starts with: "The Penguins have the best player in hockey."

BallHype: hype it up!

No comments: